Saturday, April 5, 2008

In paradise with my cousins

Yesterday we took The Dogfathers to Paradise Beach. We thought they would love it as much as we did so we piled in our car and drove to the beach. It seemed like forever before we finally arrived!

My dadda decided he wanted to be adventurous so we started walking in a different direction to explore another part of the beach.

Notice my muscular body as I walk? Ha! I can only dream of my muscles looking this way relaxed..

Here we are getting started on our quest to find the perfect spot for Bruno to go log diving. You'll see what I mean in just a minute. Me and Bruno were the only ones off lead--that's because we are privileged! Oh, and in case you were wondering, my dadda and uncle Ryan did call each other to coordinate what they were going to wear so they could be matching. So what? They do it all the time!
"I see a mini trail," my dadda says "let's check it out!"

Bruno found a log right away and got right down to some serious swimming.

Vinnie was disgusted that his brother could pick up a log off the ground because he had no idea where it's been.
Mee and Lindsay watched as uncle Ry threw logs out and Bruno retrieved them with grace.

Then...we see little Gino with a branch in his mouth bringing it to the rocky shore. This little guy has heart!
Bruno didn't like the little logs uncle Ryan was tossing so he asked him to get the tree he spotted on the ground. Look how happy Bruno is anticipating the launch of his new and improved toy. Gino wasn't happy with all the attention Bruno was getting so he decided he needed to do something about it and he needed to do it fast!

If I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes, I wouldn't believe that a little guy could have so much strength.
Look at what the pug dragged in...
"Let's go check out another spot" Bruno asks.
We're off...
Bruno carried a rock in his mouth on the way. He wanted uncle Ryan to try to take it from him... Notice that look of "nah nah naaaah na nahhhhhhh!" on Bruno's face. Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny, too.
"Ok...this spot blows!"

But I made Bruno aware that the pugs seemed to like it.
Gave them a chance to wrestle each other...
Even Lindsay was romping around enjoying the tranquil waters and their shallow depths.
In utter desperation to have fun, Bruno resorted to digging to see if he could find a log or bolder or anything big enough to play with. Still...he came up empty.

Uncle Ryan found a rock for Bruno to retrieve but he was less than satisfied with it's size. "C'mon...you can't be serious?"

"OMG...he is!!"
"Thank you for taking us to Paradise Beach....we had a good time exploring new places with you."

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh what an awesome adventure! Wish I could have gone. The picture of Ryan and Bobby walking with the entire crew made me giggle...I think it's the fact the small dogs outnumber the large dogs. Ha ha!

I will definitely have to go next time! Looks like everyone had a blast!