Sunday, January 13, 2008

Miles and Miles of Walkway

Today we went to Discovery Park for the first time. My pawents told me it was a big park, but dawgsta, I didn't realize it was 302 acres of park. Geez! We walked four miles and something tells me there was a whole lot more miles left for us to walk. My momma said the American River Parkway (ARP) is 31 miles long...yep...miles and miles left to go. Lots of cyclists zooming around us. Guess the ARP is the place to ride a bicycle. I was surprised Lindsay didn't care about them passing us by after a while. Finally, she's desensitized to them!

The American River is behind us. My momma was trying to get a picture of us together... quite a challenge with Lindsay. I wasn't up for picture taking today.

"Wait, what's that over there?" Lindsay says. Oh boy, we're never going to get this picture right! Let's start our walk already!


"Wait...first, check out this tree to the right. It's barely holding on. All you see is roots." Lindsay noticed.


There were lots of creepy looking trees, hence the black and white drama to the following shots. This tree in particular looked like something was living in it. It appeared burned from the inside.

Split tree, make up your mind. Are you one or two trees?

Lots of weird trees in this park, this one in particular looked like a bad hair day. I wasn't sure if there was even a tree trunk within all that mess.

This pass through had tree's on both sides of us leaning over touching one another. My momma thought it would make a nice picture. There is a pass through on Fair Oaks in Carmichael that my momma has always wanted to take a picture of. Since, there is no way that will happen because of the heavy traffic flow, this will do.



Time to head home. I like this picture, it looks like the heaven's are shining on me and my dadda. Ok, its' just the sun hitting the camera lens...


No comments: