Monday, January 28, 2008

The birthday girl

Yesterday Lindsay turned the big 3! You know what that means? My birthday is soon to follow-I'll be 3 soon, too. Ok, time really is flying by!

She wasn't too happy about the fact that it was raining outside. Not that she cares, the open field is the open field rain or shine for Lindsay. But for me, my momma, and dadda....not so much! We like it dry! "Pleeeeeeaaassssseeee stop raining!"

She enjoyed her birthday treats while I painstakingly watched her chew every bite.
"Loooooook....it stopped raining, the sun came out to wish me a happy birthday!"
I wasn't too happy about going out since the ground was saturated with water. Plus, shortly after we walked out it started to rain again. C'mon....let's go back inside where it's warm and dry!Oh brother, she's going to start acting goofy...

Running laps in the yard.

Getting air when she runs so fast. Dawgsta, she has all but one paw on the ground!
Then...this is where the birthday went sour. As you can see, our fence isn't fixed yet. My dadda has it propped up by all sorts of sticks and chairs. The fence people are in such high demand after that nasty storm, we have to wait a whole month till they come out to replace it. Thank dog they're coming this Saturday!! Well, Lindsay discovered a little gap between the two fence segments and squeezed through into the neighbors yard. Within the time my momma went back in the house to put her camera down and walked to the fence to have Lindsay come back, she was gone!!! Gone, I tell ya, GONE!! My momma went back into the house and frantically asked my dadda to come out and hold the fence so she could go into the neighbors yard to find Lindsay. He did. Lindsay wasn't in the neighbors yard!!! OMG...where the heck did she go? My momma noticed a small hole in the neighbors fence the size of our cat door leading to the street. (Lindsay fact: she is small enough to fit through the cat door and most small spaces.) My parents run outside to search for her. My dadda was getting ready to jump in his truck and drive around the area when my momma spots Lindsay smelling the neighbors flowers in their front lawn. Thank goodness she's safe! What a scare Lindsay gave us. Well, so much for freedom in her very own backyard. At least until that fence is secure.
My momma was happy to end the day with both of us safe and sound inside the house. I was happy to be inside on my favorite section of the couch with my sista.

No comments: