Saturday, January 12, 2008

I'm free to roam... for a little bit

This evening we went out for a walk. My momma noticed an open field with no one in sight and decided it would be the perfect place to let us run off lead. Well, if you remember my story about how Lindsay cannot be off lead, you're probably wondering how she managed to make it happen. It all started with my dadda and his bright idea to attach Lindsay to me. He got one of our leashes and attached them to each of our collars. Sounds like an ingenious idea, right? This gives you an idea of how we were attached.

At first, everything was fine. We were walking in unison with one another.

Then, my momma decided to walk across the field and call us to her. Seems harmless enough. Well, we were so excited that we ran full force towards her.

I was on my momma's left and Lindsay was to her right with the leash between us. Before we knew what happened we were already beside her. The leash got a hold of my momma's legs and made her fall to the ground. Whoops...we made her trip! Not such a bright idea after all. At least we made my dadda laugh. Lesson learned. I'm not meant to walk Lindsay, only my momma and dadda are.



We were lucky enough to catch another sunset...the red color was spectacular. Next mission is to see the sun rise. Hopefully we can wake up early enough one of these days.




No comments: