Friday, September 26, 2008

Keep your fur kids safe

On the way to work today, my momma saw a dog that looked like me on the side of the road. She said it made her sad to know that a poor dog lost it's life in such a senseless way. The dog looked well cared for and probably escaped from it's home and wandered on to the road and was unlucky to be hit by a car.

Lindsay has been known to wander into our neighbors yard until my dad secured our fence with river rocks so she couldn't dig her way out. As I've mentioned before, Lindsay has a high prey drive. At the time she thought she was the family rat hunter because our neighbors had rats underneath their shed. So she dedicated the little time she spent in the backyard digging her way to them until she finally got herself through. I didn't know how serious the consequences are for leaving our secure home, next time I'm going to be a tattle tail and tell my momma!

Just a reminder to all you doggie parents to do your best to keep your doggies and kitties safe from the road. Cars are fast and little guys like us are hard to see at dawn or dusk.

No comments: