Monday, December 3, 2007

Our Visit with Cousin Dane

Yesterday my parents drove me and my sista up to Reno to visit my cousin Dane. Dawgsta, was it cold up there! Thank goodness my momma brought my jacket with fleece lining. It sure helped me keep warm. When we went to the store the day before to be fitted for my new jacket, my momma noticed another jacket that looked like a scuba suit. She thought it would keep me warmer but the largest size they had didn't fit me. I'm a long and lean boy with a very deep chest, so I'm hard to fit. While we were at the store, I was the star. Everyone who worked there wanted to talk to me and find out more about my breed. I made sure that I was a good representation of my breed by acting polite. I sat down while I let them pet me, as to not intimidate anyone of my large stature. If only they knew I have a weakness for nice people. Only thing, none of them had treats.....what's up with that? Isn't that like the unspoken rule or something?

Anyhoo, on to my day of fun...

As soon as I got out of the car from a very looooonnnnnggggg trip, my cousin Dane greeted me with open paws. He was so excited that we drove up to visit him, he wasted no time and got right to the wrestling.









Then, Dane looks down, and spots his favorite toy.












He calls me to check it out.












Neato...it's this big jolly ball like ball with a rope inside it. I wouldn't mind a good game of tug.












Dane had other plans... He did this neat UFC move where he went underneath me. Dawgsta, is he fast...totally surprised me!! These are the times my height hinders me.










Yeah, this is the good stuff...two legged wrestling! Not only is Dane fast but he's got springs built into his legs. He's almost as tall as me here.











After vigorous play, we were ready to come inside. What's for dinner? We smell something good!

















My sista, Lindsay, said she could taste my uncle Alex's secret tri tip recipe through the glass. Whoa, her senses are really heightened since she's deaf, because I can't do that.










Dane told me we were going to one of his favorite parks. Something about lots of Ducks. I wonder what his fascination is with those birds?











Dane was suited up and ready to go before our parents were in the car. Whoa, he really is serious about this park being his favorite.












He was right, there are lots of Ducks swimming. I wonder how they can handle the cold weather because my footsies are already iced?











"Lets get moving, cause I need to warm up!" my uncle Alex said. Yeah, I agree, it's cold!! I even see signs warning us to be careful because a thin layer of ice could form on the ground that can make us slip.









Check out the pond, it's practically iced over!













There were these funny looking horses on our walk. They were shorter and wider than other horses I've seen. The air smelled strange too, actually it made me hungry. Reminded me of the green tripe my momma gives me for breakfast sometimes. hmmm....








My auntie Michelle called me over because my momma wanted to do another one of her photo shoots.











Here they are rounding us up. My sista, Lindsay said she didn't want to be a part of the picture. Darn it all!!! How does she get out of it?











"Dane, see what I go through?"

"Yeah, Bis, this sucks! Don't they get that we're freezing our butts by sitting here?"










Just to make my momma happy, we finally looked at the camera. But you can probably tell we weren't that excited about it.










This concludes my fun filled day visiting cousin Dane. I hope my parents take us up to visit him more often. Maybe in Spring or Summer when it's warm? I'm a hot blooded boy...I live for the heat!! Well, maybe not that hot. Just warm enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sure looked like alot of fun! I forgot what I did on sunday, but I'm sure it was something important.