Monday, December 31, 2007

Beautiful Bodega Bay

Today we ended 2007 on a good note. I spent the day running on the beach in Bodega Bay with my momma, dadda, and sista! It was the best New Year's Eve yet! Because I have a very good recall, my parents can trust me off lead. My sista on the other hand, not so reliable. Lindsay is deaf, they can't use their voices to call her to them nor will she pay attention to hand signals in such a stimulating environment with so many new things and smells like a beach. That's no excuse for her not having a good recall, right? Well, sort of. Lindsay also has a very high prey drive. Any small animal trucking along, she closes in on it and runs after it like no tomorrow...at that moment nothing else matters. So, for her safety and that of other animals, my parents decided it's best for her to always be on lead unless we're in an enclosed area. Too bad, 'cause she's missing out on running around and goofing off like this:

And this. Whoa...I had all paws in the air...I didn't know I could do that! My sista wasn't happy with me gallivanting on the beach. She thought I was rubbing it in that I was off lead but she wasn't.


Hmmmm...maybe I was.


It's a duel: Me against my sista!

You'll never catch me!


Darn, she got me by the ear and wouldn't let go. How does she always seem to win? "C'mon guys...let's see what's at the end of the beach, ' my dadda says.
We found lots of foot prints from other dogs. We sniffed around to see if we recognized any of them. We didn't.


My momma wanted to sit and watch the beautiful sun setting. She said it's her favorite time of the day. If only we could watch the sun set everyday.
She's right, it is beautiful!

Lindsay says she likes watching the waves crash on the shore. My dadda was fussing with the camera and took a picture of us. I was surprised 'cause usually my momma doesn't like to be in pictures. She'd much rather be behind the camera. Wish I had a chance to do that. So, for all of you who hound (pun intended) my momma for pictures of us with her in it...here you go. Who knows when the opportunity will come again..


"Ok...enough watching, lets go jump in! Woo hoo...it's COLD!"

Note to self, beach water is salty! Yuck!

Time to head home.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mary said...

Waah! I miss the beach! What fun the dogs made it look! I agree with you--the best part of the day is sunset, especially when witnessed from the beach!

Mr. Bison and Lindsay said...

Mee too! Can't believe we took the beach for granted all those years :( Bodega Bay would be a lovely place to live. We'd like to go back when we can spend more than just a few hours.

Unknown said...

Those are some awesome pics. I love the way you put them together.