Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The cats are Green

"Say what?
When did the cats turn green"


"Last time I checked Linus was still orange..."


"...and Bella was still white."



Ah, my little naive sista. The cats are not actually green, silly! They are more eco-friendly now. The litter momma used to put in their litterbox was clay based. Not very good for our environment. Momma switched them over to World's Best Cat Litter which is corn based instead of clay. It's biodegradable, too!

Momma buys a big 34 pound bag of World's Best at Petsmart for nearly $30. Ouch..she should be buying me freeze dried liver but I'll let it slide. The good news is that one bag lasts Linus and Bella for 6 months.



"What? Only one bag for 6 months?"


Did I stutter? Yes, 6 months!


Then she pours World's Best into two jugs that housed the old school clay litter. At least they're good for something.


And to take this eco-thing a step further, momma said goodbye to plastic bags that used to collect what Linus and Bella left behind and hello paper bags. There was no point collecting biodegradable litter into a plastic bag that would never biodegrade, now is there? She folds up a grocery paper bag until it's low enough to fit as a recepticile for the littermaid.


See...this is how it fits in the littermaid. It actually holds more than the recepticles that originally come with it.

*I'd like to apologize for the dirty appearance of this litter box. The cats are not as clean and tidy as me and Lindsay. We leave no traces of poops! If my momma gave us the chance, she would never have to clean another litter box again.*


Linus: "Hey, I don't like you posting about my toilet use on your blog! Dude...you're gonna pay!"



Bella: "You better watch out. Linus never holds back on a threat."



"This is fascinating and all but I must catch up on my beauty sleep. Thanks for the lesson, Bison!"


Hey! I'm not finished yet!
I wanted everyone to know that their cats can also go green. Even if it's starting with using paper bags then switching litters later. Baby steps. There are so many biodegradable litters to choose from so choose carefully.

And this concludes my good deed of the day.

8 comments:

Mia said...

I am switching slowly over to World's Best but found out I can't leave it out or my dog Sadie will rip into it and eat it...before the cats use it!!

Susan

Mary said...

I am glad you like using WBL! I have debated for such a long time to buy it because I wasn't too sure if the cats would have a fit. You know how finicky these hairy beasts can be! ;-)

Mr. Bison and Lindsay said...

I also switched the cats over slowly. I added approximately 2 cups of World's Best to their normal litter until they were left with only the new one. The cats didn't seem to mind the switch. If only they would be as accepting to switching over to the raw diet!

Susan, that's interesting about Mia liking the litter by itself. It is corn, so she probably thinks it's a treat? I have to section the dogs off from the litter box or else they would enjoy kitty rocca. Yeah, they prefer *used* litter. Gross!

~Letitia

Anonymous said...

This is very environmentally sensitive! Good job educating us! We like you blog, so we put a link on ours too it. Hope thats ok!

Life With Dogs said...

A very god deed. I'd never considered this.

Totally Timmy said...

What beautiful pictures! You are a talented photographer!

Totally Timmy said...

I've picked you for the Honest Weblog award. If you want to play along just follow the instructions on my blog post!

Unknown said...

Hi Bison and Lindsay,

Bison, you look very studious with your glasses and thanks, Bella, for pointing out to Lindsay that cats aren’t actually green! Thanks to everyone for taking the time to talk about and make this post about World’s Best Cat Litter™

This is Drew with World’s Best Cat Litter™ – I’m here to make sure that we are doing a good job of paying attention to and following-up on all things about World’s Best Cat Litter on the internet. For the past few months we have been putting together a list of some of the best blogger reviews, posts and write-ups on World’s Best Cat Litter™. We were truly excited to see that Bison and Lindsay with a little help from friends shared a little more about our product! We are always looking to use real customer (you are the realest of real customers!) feedback to make sure we are delivering the highest quality experience for owners and their pets through the delivery of a superior performing product.

If you would like, we would be more than happy to send you a bag of World’s Best Cat Litter™ free of charge so that Bison can make sure that the green jugs stay full. If you would provide a mailing address by sending it to drewwbcl@gmail.com , we will send you a bag as soon as possible. We ensure full confidentiality of your contact information and will not send you any unwanted materials. Thank you for your interest in World’s Best Cat Litter™.

Very Best,
-Drew