Monday, July 28, 2008

It feels good to give back

Yesterday I volunteered with Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue (RRR). I went to a couple's home who were interested in adopting a Ridgeback like me. It was my job to make sure the dog placed with them would have a nice cool place to sleep in the summer and warm in winter and get plenty or exercise during the day. I searched high and low to ensure this home would meet my standards. And of course it had to be a safe and loving home.

On the way there we drove 10 miles through windy roads. I about tossed my breakfast. I didn't but felt like I could. It took forever and a day to get there but when we did I was impressed. The couple didn't have a front or backyard, they had a park with a house in the middle of it!! Geez...plenty of room for a big guy like me to romp around. The couple had a small dog the size of Lindsay. She was alright--just like my sis. There was also a cat like Bella watching me. I wanted to get up to say hi but my momma didn't let me. So the cat came up to me to say hello. I was a good boy and just sniffed her back. She was nice.

I'm happy to help RRR anytime. It sure feels good to help my fellow Ridgebacks.


When I was done with business, I decided to stop by City Hall. I want to make changes in this town. We need more pet friendly places around here. I want to be able to walk in a store and get my favorite lamb snack. Is that too much too ask? haha! Just kidding. My momma thought it would be funny to get a picture of me in front of City Hall. We live on the edge like that. Can you tell I'm dying of laughter because we're being so silly.

That was fun momma, next time you have to take me to the capital!

No comments: